Chipflasher Flashrom Interface
A new branch “flashrom-interface” has been set up along with tag “v0.4.7”, as this version and its improved documentation gives the right base to start new work.
This branch is dedicated to enrich the chipflasher with an interface for the widely used flashrom utility, and this endeavor will be funded by the Next Generation Internet (NGI) programme, as announced by the NLnet Foundation.
Your are invited to watch and support Zerocat’s progress on branch “flashrom-interface”, as well as on this project page.
Once the project finishes successfully, its branch will merge into branch “master” and completion will be announced right here.
Let’s get prepared for development, first...
Update zerocat’s website build process
Clean up and enrich the chipflasher documentation on branch master
Set up a 64bit Zerocat Coreboot Machine with RS232 Port
Set up GNU Guix System (or GNU Guix Package Manager on top of Trisquel)
Get familiar with GNU Info
Get familiar with a text editor that supports custom syntax higlighting
Create syntax style sheets for propeller assembler and openspin syntax
This is a preliminary roadmap. Milestones will be defined and this list will be maintained as we go.
- Set up an accompanying webpage on Zerocat.org (this page)
- Set up a dedicated Guix profile to keep track of required software
- Set up branch “flashrom-interface” within the chipflasher’s git repository
- Start from scratch with flashrom’s serprog documentation and specification
- Set up a first hello, good-bye scenario between chipflasher and host machine
- Write some first test routines
- Merge branch “flashrom-interface” into “master”
- Announce successful completion of the project right here on this page!